Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I have been tagged

















I have been tagged by Shell - here are the 'rules':

1. Players must list one fact, word, or tidbit that is somehow relevant to their life for each letter of their first or middle name.
2. When you are tagged you need to write your own post containing your first or middle name game facts, word, or tidbit.
3. At the end of your post choose one person for each letter of your name to tag.
4. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them that they have been tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes:
m - would have to stand for 'Mother, and Grandmother'. I guess those two roles have been and still are the most important in my life. The roles are constantly evolving and my input changes as the years go by.

e - like Shell e is for 'education'. My tertiary training and working life has all revolved around education - mostly in the primary area. I was a classroom teacher for a relatively short time but soon moved into the special needs areas - ESOL, Reading Recovery, and Co-ordinating various special needs services.

r - Hmm, r could be 'reading' but I have already mentioned that. So r could be for 'roaming' - I love to travel. In fact I have been known to say " Happiness is a full tank of gas and heading out of town".
I roamed the world for a few years before I married and have only managed to resume my overseas roaming in the last few years. I can feel a trip to the UK again coming up next year.

i - 'independent' I am very self reliant and can be quite happy with my own company (and computer of course).

nz - these two letters can go together - they mean New Zealand of course - Aotearoa - Land of the Long White Cloud - Down Under - sometimes called Godzone country. Once described in the 1960's as a half gallon, quarter acre, pavlova paradise . We are all immensely proud of our country but, like all countries, we do have a few problems from time to time.

Now I am supposed to tag others. But I will leave it up to anyone else who wants to participate rather than point a finger.

PS. The pic at the top is an old one, around 1962. Just an NZ country scene which, although old, is still typical. My dad on the tractor, sheepdog at the side, moving some sheep down the road to a new paddock. Nowadays the farmer would probably be riding a quad bike rather than a tractor. For those of you who know the area, there is Taupiri mountain way in the background.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks for playing along with the tagging! I really love your quote about happiness being a full tank of petrol... you wouldn't believe how many times I've said that (and just taken off too!)

merinz said...

Shell - a great saying for sure!!