Saturday, September 8, 2007

Maori Haka

This is a different Haka performed by a Maori group rather than a sports team.

4 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Is it any WONDER that your country has produced the likes of such luminous talent as Dame Kiri te Kanawa, with national music such as this?!

I am in awe!

Unknown said...

I've actually seen a bunch of rugby guys performing a Maori haka. I don't know how authentic it was, as they were all drunk :) They were really fun guys though! A performance by a Maori group rather than a sports team is certainly different!

Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE your country? You are certainly blessed to come from such a beautiful place. Plus, I've got a soft spot for Kiwis! ;)

Unknown said...

PS. The haka performed by my NZ friends, though they were inebriated at the time, was still a very emotion filled performance. You can totally see the pride and love for their country. It was really special to see :)

merinz said...

Oh yes, we can all perform a haka when the occasion warrants it - the guys that is, women do NOT do the haka. We can stand in the back and say the words though.