http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=206&objectid=10463655
I found an interesting article in The New Zealand Herald today about England's 10 oldest recipes. Follow the above link to read the article.
Apparently Baked hedgehog appeared on this list! I must find out more........not that I ever intend to cook one.
1 comment:
Oh, this does not surprise me AT ALL... How absolutely horrifying! Poor Mrs Tiggywinkle!! But, alas, my Granny would have approved (though not actually partaken in the meal)... Hedgehogs were always the culprits behind the destruction of her beautiful, expansive lawns. I, on the other hand, always thought them adorable.
I was looking up photos of guinea pigs for my blog the other day, and came across the COOKED version from a South American website. Thank heavens my children weren't looking over my shoulder...
I'm reading a native Canadian cookbook at the moment, and was thinking of posting a few of the most "interesting" dishes... Do you think I should?! I'm not brave enough to actually try cooking any of them!
Post a Comment