Saturday, September 22, 2007

More Imports





More plants from the garden - this time from our beach house garden. Both are imports and belong to the Proteaceae family. The top two pics are Leucospermum (pincushion Protea) - the shrub just looks magnificent at the moment. This plant hails from South Africa and thrives in the sandy beach conditions. Like Proteas they can die if you give them any fertilizer!

The last two pics are the sole flower on our little Waratah which is Australian. It should also thrive in the dry conditions.

2 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

How absolutely spectacular...

I need to send you some pics of my teeny, tiny versions of this flower! They are minute, purple-y/blue pincushion flowers, and I just love them... Yours are SO magnificent!! How wonderful to live in a place where you can grow such things!!

Unknown said...

STUNNING!!! I just love your photos! Absolutely breathtaking!
xo