Sunday, September 16, 2007

Garden Activity














































Here are a few up to date garden pics.

The Sugar Snap peas are now flowering and producing, thanks to all that worm fertilizer!

A row of radishes are just poking their heads through the soil.

The bees are enjoying the plum blossom, last year there were few bees around when the plums were in flower so I had to hand pollinate some. This year should be better.

The yellow flower is Australian Frangipani which has a beautiful scent at night time.

6 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, I am SO GLAD I have your blog, and the beautiful pictures of your garden to look forward to this winter!! I always go through such "withdrawl" as soon as our cold winter hits, and the garden lies dormant and frozen over with snow and ice.

These are just lovely photos-- I can practically smell the sweet peas...

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! I love Sugar Snap peas. They smell so fragrant. Oh, and the radishes are looking great! I just love watching the plants in our garden grow. Now that it's getting cooler and we've just about harvested all our veggies and fruits, I'll be checking out all the action in your garden!!!

merinz said...

Candy and Chrissy - thank you for your kind comments.

Having experienced a Canadian winter in the Cariboo, BC, many years ago, I know what it is like to have gardens covered by snow!

Every time I go out to my clothesline to hang out the washing I have to pass the sugar snap peas so I stop and have a little feast. Then later I will reward myself with a radish, then later in the season a raspberry or two. A just reward for not using the clothes dryer!

Shelley said...

Wow!! I love your blog! Thanks for the lovely comments on mine :) Plus You have been tagged!! Check out my blog :-)

m said...

I remember the frangipani--such a beautiful scent.

merinz said...

Shell - I am giving your tag some thought!

M - The scent is especially strong at night time. The Australian Frangipani grows into quite a large tree whereas I think the island version is more of a bush.

I have an island frangipani growing as well but it hasn't flowered as yet. They are very very frost tender, here in the Bay we do have a frost or two in the winter so I have had to carefully cover it on chilly nights.