________________________________________________________
Gypsy Recipes
Baked Hedgehog
1 hedgehog
damp clay
First catch your hedgehog. Beware of fleas. Dispatch cleanly.
Coat all over with at least one inch of clay. Place in embers of the fire. Cook until clay is baked hard, then crack open and peel away the clay. Skin and spikes will stick to the clay. Pick out the delicious soft white meat. Enjoy.

2 comments:
EEK, poor baby...
I've got to try and find my copy of a book called "White Trash Cooking", which is chock-FULL of squirrel, 'possum, and ROAD KILL recipes...
You've "inspired" me... but I won't be trying any of them, either...
Ohhhh...I thought the baked hedgehog recipe was a joke. You mean it's a real recipe?
On the island where I live, people eat wild game. I'm not a fan, but I know people here who eat deer (venison), black bear, partridge, goose, rabbit, etc. I suppose it's no different from eating pork, beef or chicken, but I just can't do it. I don't know if it's that stigma that goes along with wild meat...or the thought of Bambi, that cute little fawn. Yeah, I know...I've got food issues! LOL!
xo
Post a Comment