
Now the 50's is not quite my era. I am ancient by some standards, and although I was around in the 50's, I was a teenager in the 60's so the 50's really passed me by a little. However the cars were still around, and the juke boxes, and the milk bars, and Elvis.
Some images of my weekend................



To be continued..............
4 comments:
Reminds me of the film 'Grease' more than anything.
Sounds like a fun weekend though.
..waiting patiently for the next episode..
The fifties got me from 9 to 19, but I certainly never saw cars like that around dear old Pompey - except in drawings or pictures; also have to admit to thinking of Elvis as an alien being, rather than an Idol!
You might appreciate my own nod to the cars of the 1950's:
http://veronicawaldsamusingmusings.blogspot.com/search?q=rambler
Be sure to click on the link to the PINK PLYMOUTH!
Man, they had sense of style and color in those days!
The American cars of that era were so 'out of this world' in design and form - and colour.
I am not really a car enthusiast but I grew up with a father and brothers who were. They were not actually car collectors but certainly commentators on the style and performance of cars.
And now a husband and sons who are very keen Formula One followers.
I even watched the start and finish on TV of last nights Grand Prix at Melbourne. I wandered off bored with the inbetween bit though!
Post a Comment