As well as the classic car section and the hot rods, there was also a category for motor bikes. Most of the bikes were Harleys in all shapes and sizes. I never realised that there were so many different models.
There was one Indian and a few Triumphs. My brother used to own a Norton Commando about a 1972 vintage. It was a beautiful motor bike, all gleaming chrome and very very powerful. (pictured below)
.jpg)


4 comments:
Think I'd rather look at bikes than cars. One trip to Florida we drove off to a place called Dora's Mount, a sleepy town full of old folk and antique shops the guide book said.
When we got there it was the venue of some bikers meeting - loud music, beer tents and lots of noisy bikes - wonderful and totally unexpected!
Tismee - its always great when traveling and you come across something special and out of the ordinary!
I'm a bit of a bikie fan, my father and brothers had bikes so I guess I grew up with them in a way.
My father used to say that its every father's duty to talk their son OUT of buying a bike. He wasn't very successful - both my brothers had bikes.
And sadly my young brother died while riding his bike - the one pictured. Not because of an accident, he had a heart attack - he was only age 49. That was four years ago.
Have you seen the wonderful Anthony Hopkins movie, The World's Fastest Indian?
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_World_s_Fastest_Indian/70043295?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=616572096_4_0
My love of old bikes is pretty modest, but this is a great story of a famous New Zealander.
Veronica - yes The World's fastest Indian was released here a few years ago with great success! Bert Munro was quite a character and his story is one of dogged determination!
Post a Comment