Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Walk in the Bush




Here are some photos my son took on one of our walks up the river a few weeks ago. They show typical NZ bush. 'Bush' is a term we use to mean forest. If a New Zealander says we are going for a walk in the bush - be prepared for a hike in a forest! Not a walk through some little bushes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, you're just tempting me! You know I would love to walk through the bush with my dogs. I like the Pampas Grass by the waterside.

wendz said...

Looks really beautiful. I am so bad - we also have lovely places to walk here in SA but I just never get round to it. Pity!

merinz said...

Hi Tismee - good to see you back. Yes I thought of you on my walk. Especially when as we forded the river a rather sizable eel came swimming out towards our bare feet. My nephew almost walked on water in his hurry to get to the bank! We had a lot of fun with the eel, it swam under a rock and we were able to tease it out with a stick.

Wendz - thank you for visiting! I am sure that your scenery would be so interesting - and especially the wildlife! I would love to see some pics sometime.