Saturday, March 7, 2009

Splashes of Autumn colour





This week is officially the first week of autumn so I'm told. And the garden is generally reflecting this with many plants past their best.

However there are always those that are 'late bloomers' - literally - and are only just having their brief moments of glory.



Thank you Gail for reminding me that I actually do still have a garden!

The plants pictured are :

Australian Bottlebrush.

Moses in the Bullrushes,

Dahlia,

Tree Hisbiscus

3 comments:

Jinksy said...

What beautiul flowers - some of which I've never seen before - Thanks!

Putz said...

met a womean in my adventurews to pa4k city and shw says she was 1100 miles away from austraiia and it is intriqing to me that youse guys still have a relationship with those peoples

merinz said...

Jinksy - thank you for your kind comments. My garden is one of my passions but unfortunately the weeds grow just as well as the flowers! I should take some weed photos one day!

Putz - hehe, I can see that the relationship between Australia and New Zealand intrigues you!

There are very strong historical ties - Aust and NZ were once governed by the same Governor.

But also. I think I may have mentioned before, there was once free access between the two countries, we didn't even need a passport to travel there.

Many of our relatives went to live in Australia, and some Aussies shifted to New Zealand. My Grandmother was an Australian so I have lots of family members there.