
Some time ago I wrote this post here about my latest challenge. Well, many weeks later I have finally completed the challenge.
Sorry about the quality of the photo - it doesn't do the colours justice.
We used the 'quilt as you go' method where each block is quilted separately then they are all joined. The blocks have such interesting names, Churn dash, rocky mountain, drunkards path, dutchmans puzzle, railway tracks, attic windows, broken plates, dresden plates and the square in the middle is a seminole.

The paua shell was my guide for choosing the quilt colours.
7 comments:
What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on completing it - a treasure to be passed on.
:)
That is just a magnificent piece of artwork! I know someone will treasure it as a family heirloom.
Beautiful! Obviously, you are equipped with a lot more patience than what I am.I dream about making quilts, but I know my limitations in the patience-department so that'll never happen.
Wonderful work, beautiful colors - and great to see you posting again now that the quilt is done, ha!
all western united states names
That looks absolutely fantastic, and I can imagine that in the flesh, the colors will look even more jewel like. Congratulations on the birth of an heirloom! :)
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. The colours were selected to represent the colours of our beloved Paua shell.
Post a Comment