Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My latest Challenge

I have never attempted to knit socks before, always believing them to be difficult to master. I finally tried some, and they are really easy. These are about the right size for a 4-5 year old.

3 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

WOW!! Well done!!

I, too, have just finished my first pair of socks, and have started on a second, they were so easy and so much fun... I find that they are also a very "portable" project, and fit nicely into a handbag for all those little moments in the day when I am having to WAIT... People around me seem fascinated by the four-needle knitting, and I've been approached by several strangers who would certainly not bothered speaking to me otherwise!

I would just love to have the pattern you use, Mrinz... My kids have been begging for a pair of socks, and these look like just the right size for my younger kids.

Now, you MUST try knitting socks with wool that has aloe infused in it... My hands have never looked this good during gardening season!

Much love, CGF (the Knit-Wit) xo

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid knitting isn't one of my fortes despite my Mum being a wonderful knitter. I did manage a long scarf once that started off about 6 inches wide and finished at 3!

So who is getting all these socks?

merinz said...

Wow Candy that is great. I haven't been brave enough to take my knitting out and about.
I have a confession though, my socks are knitted on two needles, not four. However my next task is to master four needle knitting. Not sure about grafting though, will tackle that when I come to it. I have lots of instructions.

Aloe infused wool! Sounds interesting and soothing.

I do use a special knitters hand cream which is also very soothing.It is made from natural plant extracts although aloe is not one of them.

Tismee - well the socks are mostly for the Grandchildren, if they will wear them. They usually wear socks for slippers around the inside of the house.

We have three grandchildren, a 2(nearly 3)year old grand daughter,and identical twin boys age 15 months in the same family.