Sounds like a drunken prostitute to me! Sorry to lower the tone of your beautiful blog Mrinz.
So this is just stuck out in the sea or lake? I think I had one of those birds on the TV aerial above my kitchen door last night. There was an awful mess on the patio!
Tismee - yes sounds like that to me too - I think British slang is similar to ours.
The structure the birds (won't say 'Shags') are sitting on has been erected on the tidal flat just a few metres out from the shore. Its been there for about 30 years or so but is man made.
When the tide goes out you can walk to it, the water is only a few feet deep and there are lots of herring and small fish for the birds to feed on.
Oh, my! We've got cormorants on the Manitoulin Island. Animal Rights Activists in Toronto and in other big cities want to save these birds. I'm very much into animal rights and preserving our wildlife, but these birds are doing terrible damage. They are depleting the fish population.
The name Pied Shag cracks me up too :) LOL! What a great photo, Mrinz! You have a wonderful way of capturing life in your neck of the woods.
5 comments:
That is the most splendiferous name for a bird that I have ever. heard. in. my. life.
Pied Shag.
And a wonderful picture, too!
xo CGF
Hehe, well I am not sure about Canadian slang but part of their name has a different meaning here in NZ.
Sounds like a drunken prostitute to me!
Sorry to lower the tone of your beautiful blog Mrinz.
So this is just stuck out in the sea or lake? I think I had one of those birds on the TV aerial above my kitchen door last night. There was an awful mess on the patio!
Tismee - yes sounds like that to me too - I think British slang is similar to ours.
The structure the birds (won't say 'Shags') are sitting on has been erected on the tidal flat just a few metres out from the shore. Its been there for about 30 years or so but is man made.
When the tide goes out you can walk to it, the water is only a few feet deep and there are lots of herring and small fish for the birds to feed on.
Oh, my! We've got cormorants on the Manitoulin Island. Animal Rights Activists in Toronto and in other big cities want to save these birds. I'm very much into animal rights and preserving our wildlife, but these birds are doing terrible damage. They are depleting the fish population.
The name Pied Shag cracks me up too :) LOL! What a great photo, Mrinz! You have a wonderful way of capturing life in your neck of the woods.
XOXO
Post a Comment