Monday, April 28, 2008

Farewell to Summer

























































I have been away again at our beach.

Summer has slipped away and left in its place this moody, foggy, misty, rainy landscape. Its not really cold yet but we have certainly moved into a different weather pattern.

No children swimming or paddling, no one on wave skis, just a few surfers in wet suits looking like cold seals in the waves. And the occasional fisherman with his surf rod cast out into the sea. And an empty bucket! No fish biting.

Our Indian summer is over.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The photos are beautiful, Mrinz! Though you are bidding farewell to summer, there's still such beauty in those photos! It's almost a magical, mystical feel with the mist and the soft backgrounds.

XO

merinz said...

Hi Chrissy - I rather like it when it is misty - love the atmosphere and the lack of people.

Candygirlflies said...

... and I accept the "mantle of summer" from you, with intense gratitude.

My goodness, your beach is spectacularly beautiful, even in the "off-season"! What a spectacular contrast to the photo of that cliff that you posted earlier in the year!

Glad you're back Mrinz-- you were missed.

xo CGF

Anonymous said...

I thought you had nipped over here and taken a photo of Blyth beach for a moment! It looks rather erie with the mist.

It's still looks very inviting though.