So beautiful... Now I know exactly what to look for at the nurseries!!
The weather here has suddenly turned very chilly again, so I'm glad I've been just too preoccupied to get out into the garden and dig just yet. Many people have set out plants already-- one of my friends put out some seedlings she has been carefully raising for the past few weeks-- and I fear it will all be for naught! My mother is SO right when she says, "NOTHING before the end of May!!!" At least, in THIS part of Canada...
Yes I guess it pays to wait until the warm weather has arrived in earnest.
How quickly things must grow when they feel the sun!
How I wish I had taken more of an interest in the surroundings when I was in your part of the world long ago. I was in eastern Canada in mid July 1968.
Japanese Anenomes are late summer bloomers - are beautiful but can be a little invasive if not carefully managed.
Mrinz, are they the same as "cosmos", here in Canada? The purple-y pink flower looks much like something my mother used to grow, but I am pretty sure they are "annuals" here...
Hi Candy - no they are different from Cosmos, although the flower looks similar, the leaf is different. We have cosmos here and they are annuals.
They are perennial - and as I mentioned they can be a bit invasive if not kept in check and especially if they like the site they have been planted in. They will seed but mostly spread by their root system.
5 comments:
So beautiful... Now I know exactly what to look for at the nurseries!!
The weather here has suddenly turned very chilly again, so I'm glad I've been just too preoccupied to get out into the garden and dig just yet. Many people have set out plants already-- one of my friends put out some seedlings she has been carefully raising for the past few weeks-- and I fear it will all be for naught! My mother is SO right when she says, "NOTHING before the end of May!!!" At least, in THIS part of Canada...
Love to you-- xo CGF
Yes I guess it pays to wait until the warm weather has arrived in earnest.
How quickly things must grow when they feel the sun!
How I wish I had taken more of an interest in the surroundings when I was in your part of the world long ago. I was in eastern Canada in mid July 1968.
Japanese Anenomes are late summer bloomers - are beautiful but can be a little invasive if not carefully managed.
Mrinz, are they the same as "cosmos", here in Canada? The purple-y pink flower looks much like something my mother used to grow, but I am pretty sure they are "annuals" here...
xo CGF
Hi Candy - no they are different from Cosmos, although the flower looks similar, the leaf is different. We have cosmos here and they are annuals.
They are perennial - and as I mentioned they can be a bit invasive if not kept in check and especially if they like the site they have been planted in. They will seed but mostly spread by their root system.
How pretty. I love the first photo. We are starting to get some spring flowers peeping out now so we will have colour soon.
Post a Comment