





I had decided that I was not going to do another post of flower photos for a while but I simply could not resist the Christmas reds (and shades of red) that assault my eyes when I walk outside at the moment.
A month ago the predominant colour in the garden was purple, now it seems to have changed overnight.
The flowers are from top to bottom: Geranium, Hollyhock, Poinsettia, Bottlebrush, Bougainvillea, Perennial Petunia, Nasturtium.
Some years ago I was elected on to a Board and when there was a meeting that was going to involve some difference of opinion, I would wear my favourite bright red jacket. Somehow it seemed to give me courage and lift the spirits. maybe that is why I seem to have so many red flowering plants in my garden.
1 comment:
Just BEAUTIFUL, as always, Mrinz... I am especially envious of your hollyhocks, as mine were all stunted by ants and grubs this past summer. Hopefully the Praying Mantes will take care of it for me next year...
And the Bottlebrush!! That is one I have never seen before. Very familliar, in a way, however! Lovely.
Red is my absolute favourite colour, and has been since I was a very small child. It is indeed a "power" colour (as is purple, actually)... something I learned in design school years ago! I can always spot a politician by his choice in tie colour...
Hope you're well-- love to you
xo CGF
Post a Comment