Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

It is 8.05 am Christmas morning here - the sun is shining, there is a hint of rain to come, maybe later in the day, but at the moment it is a Beautiful Day.

There is a peaceful feeling in the neighbourhood, I can hear the neighbour's children laughing and chattering - Santa has been. Later no doubt we will hear them splashing in their pool.

Our adult children are up, and went straight to the presents under the tree - nothing changes whatever the age!

Now its time for me to decorate the pavlova I made last night, the first one I have made in my new oven and it seems to have turned out okay. Also time to begin preparing the midday meal so that when the Grandchildren arrive I will be able to sit down with them and enjoy the present opening.

We must be one of the first countries in the world, with time zones etc, to celebrate Christmas Day!

Best wishes to you all, have a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for being part of my blog-family, I love to hear about life in NZ, makes up for not actualy being there!

We are just getting final preparations done - reindeer dust and carrots etc. Have checked Norad and Santa is currently zipping around Africa. Just clean PJ's to put on and then to bed (Alexander that is!).

Have a lovely day!