Sorry - I should have named the plants in the last post.
From the top:
The new header is our Flowering Cherry tree just coming out in bloom,
Fuschia, they grow very easily here and need little care.
Poinsettia - this plant was given to me one Christmas as a pot plant about 20 years ago and has thrived in a sheltered spot, they are very frost tender.
Nasturtium - this is a dwarf variety that I planted a few years ago and now it self seeds and pops up all over the place. It is such a colourful little plant. I have given away lots and lots of seedlings.
Bromeliad - this one has a spectacular flower spike.
Rose - Uetersen, I think it has Danish or Scandinavian origins.
Another bromeliad flower spike. The spikes last for ages.
Charlotte Kemp rose (with aphids)
Alstromeria. I have another two colours in these - they tend to be a bit invasive and will multiply with gay abandon!
5 comments:
Bromeliad is now my new favourite plant... I'm going to see if I can get some to try and cultivate indoors this winter!! They are spectacular!!
Thanks for all the info. I just love your garden pics!!
xo CGF
Hi Candy - we are lucky here we can grow many varieties of Bromeliads outside in a sheltered spot (under our cherry tree).Some like shade, some like semi shade and some like full sun!
I am still learning how to manage them, have been busy repotting some this afternoon. They grow 'pups' on the side and these can be planted out, similar to orchids in a way.
I will photograph some more and post them for you.
I have a flower question and I thought you'd be the perfect person to ask!
I've got this chocolate orchid (it makes the entire house smell of chocolate and vanilla! It's lovely!), but I only knew it as a 'chocolate orchid'. Another blogger told me it was called "Sherry Baby", which my uncle also told me. Now, it's really bugging me that I don't know the Latin name. Have you got any idea?
Wow your orchid sounds amazing. Imagine having a chocolate smell all around the house.(Guess who is a chocaholic!)
We don't have it available here, to my knowledge. But I just did a google search and came up with lots of info. It is sometimes called a Sharry orchid.
I want one!!!!
Here is the link
http://www.beautifulorchids.com/orchids/
orchids_potted/oncicidium/oncidium_sharrybaby.html
Thanks!!! Too bad you don't live a bit closer! I'd give you one of my babies! These chocolate orchids grow so big, so fast! LOL! The flowers are not so big, and they sort of cascade. Soooo pretty! Oh, and I'm a chocoholic as well! I love the way these orchids make the house smell so yummy! LOL!
I forgot to tell you...I LOVE your new blog header! Very pretty!
Post a Comment