Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Garden Art

The retail and craft section had lots of garden accessories for sale.

The wooden and steel weta caught my eye and I badly wanted to pop it into my bag. However the price tag of $110 was a deterrent. It would have looked good on my wall and I love wetas. I am clearing out a woodpile later this week and will no doubt find some real ones.

Do you like the Feral Children sign! (apart from the spelling mistake). I could have used this sign a few years ago when our four children were running wild in the garden.

The black sculpture is made from a tree fern (ponga) log. The last photo shows a man carving one.









5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I especially love the "BEWARE OF FERAL CHILDRLN"!

merinz said...

I knew you would like that one!!!

For the spelling especially.

But then some of us have known feral children also!

~Banjo said...

I dig yr pics of 'garden art' & my Mom says she shud probly put up a 'Beware of Feral Childrln' sign for when relations visit!
I really like the cute lamb sculpture as yr main pic. It's just the right mix of realness & cuteness. Do u have any pics of it from other angles? I'd like to try carving a miniature of yr lamb.

merinz said...

Hi banjo- glad you like the garden art.

I could send you pics of the lamb ceramic, just put on your email address and i will do that for you.

painted maypole said...

i could totally use a feral children sign in my yard. would it offend the parents of my daughter's friends? hmmmm...