Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kitchen photos


































































This is just a very quick blog, a few kitchen photos.

Note that this is a work in progress - the walls, bench upstand tiles, and glass behind the hob have yet to be done. And there is a small amount of tiling to be completed in the area by the fridge. The walls have to be fixed before the tiles can be laid there. However we are getting there.

What we badly need now is some colour in the rooms. And some blinds or curtains at the windows. Will probably put roman blinds there. So far it looks all very clinical, and needs some homely touches.

____________________________________________________

Gotta go now - bag packed, car fueled, cats fed and put out, off to the Flower Show.

Check it out ........

http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/

5 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

All looks so chic!! Very sleek and modern!! I like the idea of roman blinds-- they will compliment the clean lines of the rest of the kitchen. And, when they are pulled up, they will in no way impede what looks like a very pleasant view indeed.

You must be so pleased with the results! Any thoughts on colour choices?

Hope you had fun at the flower show! Can't wait to hear all about it.

xo CGF

Unknown said...

Ooooooooooh! I LOVE it!!! Now it makes me want to redo my kitchen!

merinz said...

Thank you for your comments Candy and Chrissy.

Yes the kitchen does look very sleek, and a bit sterile also. I hope to introduce some colour into it with the blinds, possibly the walls (although not too keen on over bright walls), and accessories.

Ms. Mamma said...

It is beautiful! I love it. It's interesting to see the garden art and how it has been influenced. Unique and gorgeous.

merinz said...

Hi Ms mamma - I am so pleased that you decided to stop by.

Garden art here is very influenced by polynesion images. The koru is seen over and over again. I will explain further in a new posting.