Christmas is over,the family have gone home, the house is empty and already I am missing the sounds of the little voices. We ended up with six adults and three children so it was quite a houseful. Especially with only one bathroom!
But - summer is here and its time to adjourn to the beach. Barbeques, afternoon siestas, sitting around and catching up with friends and relatives, long lazy walks fossicking for shells along the beach in the evenings, making endless sandcastles for the little ones to knock over, towing kids on body boards through the shallows, and bush walks on those very hot days when it is too hot at the beach. (the term 'bush' is used in New Zealand to mean native forest)
Thank you for following my blog this year - and especially those of you who have left comments. I have valued your comments and views, and hope that you will return next year. All the very best for the New Year 2009!
I will be back on or around the 10th of January - probably with lots more photos of our wee space in the world.
I leave you with some garden photos - the hydrangea flowers seem to be bluer than ever before this year.
5 comments:
Nooo surely it's not THAT time again - It only seems a blink since you went off to the beach house last year!
Have a wonderful break - I want a picture of that bean bag on the deck!
Take care, I'll be here waiting for your return.
Happy New Year to you and your family Merinz.
if i happenened to miss one of your blogs to comment on, would i be missing FLOWERS, to make me feel the white piled uop snow in front of my house??????????
Happy 2009 to you! The hydrangeas are indeed lovely....and it warms me (in the depths of our New York winter) to see their hues.
it is 7 am there and you should be up and about of course we are a whole day behind you although it is only 10 am here alos...but we had seveteen below last night and i am not going to go any where today
Welcome back and Happy New Year!
Hurry up and get the washing done so we can see what you've been up to!
Post a Comment