Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sea Sun Sand












Yep, I'm back home again, only for a day or two then off to stay with family.

Our holiday at the beach - well the title says most of it! Add to that - walks on the beach, bush walks, reading and generally lazing around.

It has been a very hot summer so far with temperatures in the late 20's and sometimes over 30 (degrees celsius). We were careful to stay inside out of the sun on the hottest days - that hole in the ozone layer hovering above us makes our sun fierce.

It is good to be home again, our three cats were very pleased to see us.

This weekend the first of our sun deprived sons from the UK arrives for his annual visit. The second son arrives later in the month. Their vision of camping and lazing on the beach has seen them through the first part of the London winter!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos' but no photo of you on your new bean bag on your deck!

Your son's will be perishing cold by now, it's been freezing here lately. I got some photo's from an old schoolfriend who lives in Brisbane of her 'summer holidays'.

Great - just rub it in won't you!

Anonymous said...

What beach is that? It looks lovely and I'm jealous since I'm back at work and my girls are at Whangamata :-(

Putz said...

i am so jealous, sea and sand and solitude....i don't see any people around

ewe are here said...

I so miss Hawaii when I see pictures like this.

Enjoy your family reunion.

merinz said...

Tismee - you will never see a photo of me! Especially not reclining on the bean bag. The bean bag was a hit actually. Its more of a sun lounger. It can fold up to be a chair, and extend out to be a lounger.

Brenda - close to where your girls are! Thanks for stopping by. Yes work is a little hard at this time of the year.

Putz - yes we can add 'solitude' to the title. Also 'surf'. I just love to walk along a beach and the only footprints are mine and the birds.

Ewe - Thank you Ewe - it is rare now to have all our family in the same country and this will be happening in 10 days time.

Hawaii is probably a little more tropical than here but there are some similarities.

squirrelmama said...

How good to see perfect images of a gentle season as we brace for more snow!

merinz said...

Hi Squirrelmama - thank you for stopping by.My postings have become very erratic lately as I have been out and about and away from the computer.

Actually it is good to be outside and enjoying the summer while we can and not viewing the world from behind a pane of glass. Winter will be on its way all too soon!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!