Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Blaze of Colour







I have just spent a few days away at the beach. We have had a good amount of rainfall in the last few weeks, the hibiscus and bottlebrush have responded in their dramatic fashion and rewarded us with a wonderful blaze of colour.

You are probably getting bored with all the flower pics, but they are too beautiful to keep to myself!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your photos merinz. Apart from being so beautiful, they serve as a constant reminder that I need to get a grip on my own gardening skills.

I have actually been out there this weekend as the weather has been wonderful lately.

I love the header photo too!

Veronica Wald said...

Never too many flowers, never too much fruit!!I
'll keep my eye out for feijoas, which are not routinely available in our grocery stores. The word sounds Portuguese, are they originally from Brazil? They sound wonderful!
Your hibiscus are beautiful, too. I've had a small one in a pot for so many years I don't remember. It didn't bloom at all last year, now all of a sudden it has a big bud. I love the way your multi-colored ones form a beautiful bouquet!

Candygirlflies said...

I remember falling in love with a photo of your bottlebrush several years ago-- and was thrilled to discover them growing in Florida, when I was there on a visit.

Your photos give me hope that spring is on its way to this part of the world... even if it IS snowing out there (again) this morning. Sigh.

xoxo CGF

merinz said...

I am pleased that you are still enjoying the photos! I just love the vibrant colours of the hibiscus. I even have a frangipani just coming out into flower. Our climate is borderline for them, but I have a nice sheltered spot and the tree thrives.