Monday, April 11, 2011

Arrgh - was this really fashionable??


This ad appeared in our newspapers around 1985. Note the skin tight shorts, and long socks. Its hard to imagine that the men really dressed like that, reminds me more of the '70's.

5 comments:

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Horrendous... I remember my husband wearing them in the early 80's. Still giggle at the old pics. Hope this fashion never returns!

Unknown said...

I have to say I never ever saw anyone looking like that. It reminds me a little of the Royal Navy 'Tropical' Rig although that has an open neck and certainly no tie!

Candygirlflies said...

My dear old dad has a pair of shorts just like that... He wore them in the early 50s to play tennis, and still "delights" in the fact that he can pour himself into them and do them up!! Not bad for a guy in his 70s, I must admit... but still, and with great respect... not very attractive!!!

xoxo CGF

merinz said...

All the young men wore this 'getup' in the 70's and 80's here. In the summer it was considered 'smart casual'.

Putz said...

hey is that a picture of me<<>>.,??????and i also in my seventies{almost}