Friday, April 23, 2010

Perth Australia



On the Caves Road in the Margaret River region we drove through this magnificent forest, I think they are Jarrah trees.



The perth city outline across the Swan River









The view taken from our balcony - the gum tree did block the Red Bull course a little but you can see the markers in the river.



Is there really such a thing as a 'motor bike' frog. I believe so!



We have just returned from a trip to Perth Australia to visit family. While there we were able to watch the Red Bull Air race from a wonderful vantage point - the balcony of our apartment in South Perth which had an amazing view of the city and the Swan river.

We also did a three day trip south to the Margaret River region, a beautiful area of wineries, forests, caves, and rugged coastline.

5 comments:

Jinksy said...

Gosh! You are turning into globe trotters, eh? Good luck with your UK trip in a few weeks time, and thanks for visiting me in Blogland, too!

merinz said...

Thanks Jinksy, I am looking forward to our UK trip - providing that all volcanoes remain dormant.

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely! I have a good friend in Perth. Perth has been a place I've wanted to visit. One of these days...

Gail said...

Looks lovely!
That tree would bother me though!

and not another air race fan...I have two already and they bore me rigid! Lol.

Looking forward to coffee with you!

merinz said...

Gail - The tree is not really too bad as it is sort of wispy and not too solid. However it did block our view of some of the air race.

And I am so looking forward to a cup of coffee with you in a couple of months time - in the UK!

C - thanks for visiting. Yes Perth is well worth a visit, especially a trip down south of there where there is some beautiful scenery. I get a little crowded out in cities after a week or so.

It will be interesting to be in London again in a few weeks time!