I seem to be spending less time at the computer these days. Not sure if it is a good thing or not. Perhaps as winter draws in I will be spending more time here.
Blogging is taking second place to:
* family - have been spending time 'over the hill' with Miss Four and Masters nearly three (twins), have nursed Auntie 91 (years old) as she recovered from an operation, visited Auntie 86, attended funeral of Uncle 87.
* talking on skype to our overseas children - skype is amazing!
* trip planning - we are off to Perth Australia next week to visit daughter and her partner, then to the UK in June,
* scrapbooking the postcards/Christmas cards as pictured in a previous post. Many of them are over 100 years old so thought that it was time they were preserved in a manner befitting their age, ie in acid free materials.
*gardening - giving the garden an autumn clean up. Have just dug up the rest of our potato crop, picked the last of the beans and tomatoes. Had our lawnmowing man prune the camellias, and the bay tree.
*cooking and freezing multitudes of apples and giving the rest away to the neighbours. I think that they sigh when they see me arriving with yet another bucket of apples.
*quilting - have just completed a quilt top for my grand daughter and taken to the lady with the long arm quilter to do the final quilting.
*reading - have discovered the Millenium series of books (Steig Larson)and am wading through the last one,
*beginning a digital photography group - time I learnt how to take better photos,
* doing an applique course to improve my machining skills.
And that is enough to be carrying on with!
5 comments:
Wow, I'd be struggling to fit in a blog with all that going on.
Guess what I've found to fill in the time between assignments?
Cross stitch!! I was up in the loft the other day and found a huge bag full of partly done and new kits. One is a beautiful Noahs Ark that I started when I found out I was pregnant with Alexander (8 years ago) and I'm determined to finish for him.
Just like the olden days without computers isn't it?
so that is why i am taking a back seat, a 91 year old, well i am or will be a 68 year old in 8 dayso a little attention here, you do know i am an arttentinon hog< right/???
so that is why i am taking a back seat, a 91 year old, well i am or will be a 68 year old in 8 dayso a little attention here, you do know i am an arttentinon hog< right/???
Hi Gail - good luck with the cross stitch! You are brave to tackle such a painstaking hobby. I wonder if the Noah's Ark one is the same as one my SIL did a few years back. It was beautiful.
Oh Putz - are you feeling neglected! So sorry about that.
yes I can believe that you are an attention hog. But I guess you deserve it.
Post a Comment