Blogging has taken a back seat of late.
For two whole weeks we have had no internet access at home.
Some strange and bizarre happening made it a puzzle to all who endeavoured to rectify the problem
- a technician who sat here for 5 hours and threw his hands in the air and walked away,
-phone wire men who arrived in their van, went away and tinkered for a while then said yes they could get access and we should be able to too,(but couldn't)
- and our service providers who were very patient on the end of long involved phone calls which didn't seem to produce anything at all in the end.
We took our PC and laptop to other locations and they connected with no problems.
We became on friendly terms with a Mike, a Brian, and a Karl and an Albert but none could help.
We spent mega bucks on new equipment to no avail.
Then as suddenly as the problem arose, it was solved and lo and behold we are connected again to the whole world. I think that somewhere somebody flicked a switch on that had been accidently turned off.
Life was a little different -
- I suddenly had lots more spare time,
- I missed my internet buddies,
- I did crosswords, and read newspapers from cover to cover,
- and I have nearly completed my quilt.
2 comments:
my boy says there is a zone near japan where all the internet stuff of importance drops into this very deep hole and no one can retrive it....and all old interent conversations that have no interest any more...if it wasn't for this hole the internet would have filled up long long ago...love yea the putz
It must have been something in the air! For two weeks, I couldn't get World Radio to listen to in the wee small hours of wakefulness, then, of a sudden, it came back as unexplained as it went...
Post a Comment