Sunday, April 12, 2009

Can anyone help me?














I have been scanning old family photos lately and found this one of my Grandfather with his motorbike.
Does anyone know what kind of bike it is? I can almost, but not quite, read the name on the side.
The photograph was taken in 1911.

Update

I posted the photo on a bikie forum and it has been identified as a Triumph. The photo was admired!

4 comments:

Veronica Wald said...

What an attractive young man, obviously so pleased with his marvelous contraption! Where was this photo taken?
(So sorry I don't have the slightest clue as to the bike's identity).

merinz said...

He was a dashing young man with a mop of curly red hair! Very interested in hunting and fishing. In fact kept his family in food during the depression.

He was a widower at the very early age of 34 when my Grandmother died after childbirth. She had just given birth to her sixth baby. My Mother, the oldest, was just 11 years old.

Anonymous said...

What a great photo. Hopeless with motorbikes but I hope someone can help. Have you tried Rick at organized doodles? he's a bit of a biker.

merinz said...

Tismee - thank you for the suggestion - I will visit him. Hope that your holiday is going well.