

I love this time of the year - the sun is not yet too hot, we are getting a good drop of rain every now and then, and the garden is growing as I look at it.
Especially the vegetable garden - we have potatoes, tomatoes, two varieties of lettuce, runner beans, butter beans and green dwarf beans, corgettes, broad beans, beetroot, radishes, and spring onions. A good watering every now and then of liquid from the worm farm helps also.
The raspberries are ripening and the Christmas plums are turning colour.
Unfortunately the weeds are growing also! And slugs. I have the lettuces growing in old ice cream containers with the bottom cut out. This is a very effective way of avoiding having to use slug repellant.
Forgot to mention silver beet, basil, mint, green strawberries, sage and thyme.
3 comments:
I'm JEALOUS!!!!!
Roll on, Canadian springtime...
xoxo CGF
I'm loving your sunshine and flowers. What's the veggie with the pretty yellow flower?
Hi Candy - we complement each other well. We can cheer each other up in our off seasons.
Tismee - the plant with the big yellow flower is corgette - sometimes called zucchini.
Post a Comment