
My blog friend Gail at Squared Off has awarded me this beautiful Autumn Friends Award.
My task is to list five things I have always wanted to do and pass the challenge on to three other bloggers.
I am a bit of a reluctant participant in memes, mostly because I do not like talking about myself!
1. I would like to fly in a helicopter. Strange but I have never been in one. I have been in just about every other form of transport you could think of but the opportunity has never arisen for a helicopter ride.
They have scenic flights from our local airport so one birthday I might drop a few hints to the family..... Or maybe wait until my 90th birthday (about 30 years away!)and get my photo in the paper with the caption - "family grants aging Grandmother her birthday wish!"
2.Learn to quilt. I look longingly at the beautiful quilts I see at various exhibitions and have a desire to make one myself. I am a good sewer and know that I could learn but I have never been to classes because I think that the hobby could take over my life and I might not be able to allocate the time to it that I would wish. Silly reason maybe. However the classes are there waiting for me and one day very soon I will succumb.......
3.Travel, travel travel. Need I say more. There are many corners of the world that I have yet to explore. There are some places that I visited years ago that I would like to see again - Grand Canyon, the temples of Angkor, Persepolis, Goreme valley (Turkey), and many more. And lots of new places. I would also like to visit friends overseas and especially meet some blogging friends.
4.Spend another winter in BC Canada. A winter there back in 1968 was a magical time (especially for a person who had never even seen snow falling) and I would like to repeat the experience.
5.Live long enough to see my all children marry and have children of their own. And to see Grandchildren grow into adulthood.
Well that about completes the list.
I would like to pass this award and task on to Chrissy who is in hospital at the moment on complete bed rest. All the very best Chrissy.
I will have a think about who else to target!
PS I should have changed this award to a summer picture as of course it is not Autumn here!
2 comments:
I'm 100% with you on wanting to see my children grow up and have children of their own (if that's what they choose).
Hi Ewe - ours have done the growing up bit, now onto the 'exploring the world' phase, and so far only one out of the four is into reproduction mode!
Post a Comment