
This photo is especially for Gail at Squared Off who has pictured the view outside my window as I sit in the office blogging.
Its a view of a rather scrappy piece of garden, a straggly poinsettia in the front which needs pruning, to the left of that are the bare branches of a small frangipani which hasn't grown its summer leaves as yet. Beyond that you can just see some bromeliads which are in pots, and some succulents, one of which is called Mother-in-laws tongue.
But - notice that the sun is shining! Its going to be another beautiful spring day.
7 comments:
Have I posted in the right place this time??
You need to paint that wall with more plants so that it disappears! Do you plant poinsettias outside? They'd die in a flash here. I have trouble keeping one indoors!
Thank you for the view, although I had imagined something on a grander scale - sprawling greens leading onto hills and vales.... or have I just been reading too much poetry?
i am adding you to my,' don't hate at all roll'...i loave gail, and you loave gail so we do have something in common....have never been there and you have never been to utar, the sun shines thre on flowers and it does shine here although we had our first 29 ddegree night and it froze some of my tomatoes
Hi Tismee - Yep you are right on this time!
Poinsettias grow outside here, but only in a sheltered spot. South of here they would probably struggle to survive the winter.
Next post I will put in some grander garden photos.
Hey Putz - you are very welcome on my blog!! yes we do have lots in common, sounds like you are a gardener also.
Hope that your tomatoes will recover!
Actually I have been to Utah, way back in 1968 - way before you were probably born!
I travelled down by Greyhound bus from Seattle, Spokane, Butte,the Pocatello. We stayed with relatives in Pocatello, then with relatives in Salt Lake City. Altogether we travelled around for three months before going back to Vancouver then northern BC to work for a while.
don't forget to read my comment on the toast lady...i have a tribute on tism2...gail
Hi, Mrinz--
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog yesterday. It was so very much appreciated.
So glad that spring has worked it's way round the globe to YOU! It's such a wonderful time of year-- my favourite. I'll be looking forward to more news of your beautiful garden over the next few months (and thinking longingly about mine, which I'll be "pulling out" and covering up, soon!!)
love to you, as always--
xoxo CGF
i have a flowering plum tree that has just awful sour bitter fruit
Post a Comment