Monday, August 11, 2008

Using up the Windfalls




6 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Hi, Mrinz! Your orange juice looks wonderful-- we could use some "liquid sunshine" here, as it has suddenly turned quite cold and rainy... very UNlike our usual hot, humid and hazy Augusts in Ontario, Canada.

I'll bet your birds continue to enjoy the oranges, too.

Love to you-- hope all is well!

xo CGF

merinz said...

Candy - you are back from the lake???

How are you? I have been wondering how the end of your summer holidays are going. It must only be a couple of weeks before the children are back at school?

Life is quiet here,hence no interesting posts, nothing to write about.

Anonymous said...

hello
not really related to what you both said but i saw some kiwis at your blog (the fruit!) and just wondered if you know when is the kiwi picking season
thanks anyway and i really miss new zealand....
mora.

merinz said...

Hi Mora, thank you for visiting my blog.
Kiwifruit picking is always April or May for the green kiwifruit, the gold variety is a little earlier.

Have you been to NZ? Sorry to hear that you miss it here!

Unknown said...

WOW! Amazing! I wish we could grow oranges here! :) Our plum tree has lots of fruits this year, but our apple trees have nothing! Raspberries were prolific, as were our red currants. They were so prolific that I couldn't pick them fast enough (even if I did pick them every day). I decided to let some of it go to the birds!

It's been an unusually hot and dry summer here on the Island. Southern Ontario (Canada) had LOTS of rain this summer. We got barely anything...which is good and bad at the same time!

P.S. Just read your comment about the twins! :) My brother and his wife are wondering how their toddler will do (and how on earth they are going to manage). Kenny will not even be 2 years old when the twins are born! Any tips?

Anonymous said...

Ooh my mouth is watering at that photo. I love oranges but HATE peeling them.