Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Holiday Mode









Just to let you know, I am home just for one night then going AWOL again for a week.

The weather this summer is just magic, beautiful sunny days and mostly with slightly cooler nights. I am off again to be with family.

Our days at the beach take on a rhythm - eat, sleep, swim, read, crosswords, sudoku, and chat.

With the family there we can forget the reading and sleeping and add on - washing, folding washing, playing with the babies, feeding babies, towing children in the wagon down to the beach, putting up the beach shade tent, paddling, collecting shells, eating ice creams. etc.

A lovely way to pass the lazy hazy days of summer doing the simple things of life..

6 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

I can think of no greater heaven than the one you describe! Have a wonderful time.

I'll miss you!!

xo CGF

Unknown said...

I'll miss reading your blog while you're away! Have fun! (I'm sure you will!) Sounds like pure bliss!

:)

Anonymous said...

How lovely, THAT is how life should be lived. A break to the norm on a regular basis sounds great to me!
Enjoy every moment Mrinz, and take lots of photos of your beautiful beach.
Gail

merinz said...

Candy, Chrissy and Gail - thank you for your messages! I will take some photos.

Now the holiday period is drawing to a close and with school going back next week, it is a much better time to be there.

Anonymous said...

mrinz!!!! I didn't know you were back! Yay! I'm just finally getting some time to read blogs again. Love the pictures of the potatoes inone of your previous posts. They remind me of the little wooden pigs statues we saw in Germany during their Autumn displays in the train stations.

WendyWings said...

KiaOra from another blogging Kiwi, just surfed here from Tismees blog and thought I had better say hello.