I am back home from holiday, but only for a night or two, then will go back for some more lazy days in our bach.
We have had an amazing summer so far, with fine warm calm days. it is not always so during January, our most settled weather is often February and March.
These photos were taken during one of our early morning walks on the beach. There was a sea mist rolling in which is quite unusual. It gave an eerie atmosphere. The photos look better if you click on them and enlarge them.
11 comments:
Welcome back, Mrinz, and a Happy New Year! I have missed you over the past several weeks, but am delighted to hear that you are enjoying a restful summertime at the little house.
xo CGF
Come on down and join us Candy!
Actually the restful part can get a little too quiet after a while - there are only so many Sudoku puzzles and crosswords you can do before they get a little tedious!
Bet you miss your pc? When I go away and have to relax I get withdrawal symptoms for mine. Very sad I know!
So why not take up painting or something? You seem quite artistic with your photo's so you may be a great artist too!
Gail
Saw the sheep in The Basement, and had to drop by. ;-)
Great looking beach; looks like a wonderful place to have a holiday.
Beautiful photos, Mrinz!!! The island where I live looks much like that in the summer. This said, it's now winter and it looks nothing like that right now! LOL! *sigh* Wish we were enjoying the nice weather with you! :)
Hi Tismee, Chrissy and Ewe!
Thank you for your comments.
Yes I do miss the PC when on holiday. I have to resist the urge to go down to the internet cafe and park myself there for an hour or so. I make a determined effort to be computerless and after a while the withdrawal symptoms get less.....
Ewe - I have looked at your little sheep too, could be a first cousin to mine! My little fellow sits by my front door.
He is symbolic for us New Zealanders - have you heard the popular myth that new Zealand has 3 million people and 60 million sheep?
It is now not true but up dated statistics place the sheep/person ratio at 10 sheep per person!
Chrissy - the beautiful fine weather is about to disappear with cyclone Funa bearing down on us from Fiji! Will hit the north of the North Island on Monday or Tuesday.
Are you home now Mrinz? I have ben watching more TV programmes of Brits spending a week in NZ before making the decision to emigrate there. It's lovely to see some of the country, they show countryside, beach and city areas. It was Napier this week, now that looks an interesting place!
Can I ask which part of the country you live?
Hi Tismee, I live in Tauranga which is in the Bay of Plenty.
The Bay of Plenty was named by Captain Cook when he visited NZ in the 1700's, apparently he was able to obtain lots of food here when he came ashore. Unlike Poverty bay where he found little sustenance!
I would like to be at that beach.
Working dad - thank you for stopping by.
I will get you a cold drink and we can sit on the deck and maybe go and get some tua tuas (shellfish) later when the tide is out.
Wow--what gorgeous photos.
Post a Comment