Sunday, October 28, 2007

Window reflections



































We have been at our 'bach' the weekend. A bach, pronounced 'batch', is New Zealand slang for beach house or a modest holiday home.

Our bach is a little three bedroomed house with a wooden interior and just a few hundred metres from a beautiful surf beach.

Lately we have been doing some additions - firstly a few years ago we put up a garage - at last a place to store our old bicycles, deck chairs and surfboards etc. Previously everything had to be put on the floor in the lounge before leaving. The garage, with its own services, means that extra guests can sleep out there in the summer.

Now we are adding a deck. The builders are currently on site and it will be finished soon.

I am not really sure why I have put these two pics in - I was just surprised to see how strongly the windows reflected the garden shrubs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I wish we had bach of our own! I am jealous! xo

Candygirlflies said...

Lovely pictures!!

Chalk me up for "jealous", too... For your weather, AND your beautiful bach.

xo CGF

merinz said...

You both have access to beautiful lakes which must be wonderful in the summertime.

We do love our bach though, as much for the family gatherings we have as the beach part of it. The beach gets too hot in the middle of the day and we have to retreat inside or under trees.

We are so much more aware of the dangers of sunburn leading to skin cancers than we were a decade or so ago.