Friday, October 26, 2007

Garden Friends



































































































Before I ever had a garden I always vowed that never never would I have garden ornaments like little old ladies had in their gardens. Usually in those days the ornaments were gnomes.

Well....... I eat my words. However I do draw the line at gnomes, never will a gnome cross my garden path.

My garden friends are loved and admired, mostly by visiting children.

So far the ornaments haven't shown a tendency to walk away so they must be quite happy here. They are not visible to passers by either and that helps!

The mosaic green fern frond stone I made myself. I must make some more creations now I have some spare rocks around.

3 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, these are fantastic... I love sneaking pretty ornaments into unexpected places in my garden, too. I think I like your elephant best... the wrinkles in his trunk are fantastic!

Be sure to post photos of whatever you decide to make next!

xo CGF

merinz said...

Thank you for your comments Candy.

Yes the elephant is one of my favourites too, did you notice in the group friends photo, that he has a twin who is slightly smaller?

I am eyeing those rocks that are edging the garden and will be extracting some of them for more mosaic creations.

Firstly I want to make some mosaic edged mirrors - I bought two suitable mirrors at the flea market this morning.

Unknown said...

Oh, I LOVE those!!!

Your garden ornaments are so original and so beautiful! They are definitely not the same as granny/old lady ornaments, my friend! ;)

xo