Tools of the trade. Note the sunscreen lotion.
Two days ago I went off to 'The Rock Shop' to view their bins of rocks. We had a garden with mulch that badly needed an edging as the birds kept getting amongst the bark and doing what birds love to do - scratching around for worms. Consequently the mulch was being spread all over the lawn.
I paced out the edging and worked out that I would need around 150 largish rocks, more than my little Subaru could be expected to carry in the boot(trunk). The men assured me that one scoop of their front end loader would be about 150 so they duly delivered them very early yesterday morning, waking up the neighbours as the rocks thudded onto the lawn.
So my task yesterday and today has been to lay them along the edge of the top garden. I am rather pleased with the result but it has been hard work.
The cold Bundaberg Ginger Beer was my reward!
2 comments:
Wow. You have my undying admiration... that must have been serious, back-breaking work. I hope you had some help!! But, it looks as though all your efforts were worth it.
I haven't seen ginger beer for YEARS... My English father used to buy it by the case when I was a child, but it's been ages since I last saw it on a store shelf... I'll have to ask around!
xo CGF
I will post a Ginger beer recipe sometime soon - we used to make it in the summer.
No I had no help whatsoever with the rocks :(. Luckily my back is in reasonable good shape at the moment. Unlike my ankle after sinking into a rabbit hole out at the kiwifruit orchard this afternoon!
Post a Comment