


Hehe, if you click on the purple rose you can see all the aphids lining the stems.
The rose is named Charlotte Kemp. It was named after my Great Great Great Grandmother who came to New Zealand in 1818 as the wife of a missionary. It was released in 1985 and named after early NZ pioneers. It is similar to Velichenblau.
3 comments:
Wow!! This knocks my socks off!! What is the plant that looks a bit like a very colourful fern?
Oh, and I love the fuschia at the top... Second from the top, though-- are those poinsettias?? I had an uncle who lived in Texas years ago, and his American wife grew vast flowerbeds full of them...
Yes it is a Poinsettia. They are quite spectacular but a need frost free environment.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the tour of my garden!
I would imagine that Texas would be ideal for them.
The fern like spike is a bromeliad. They have only really been around for the last 10 years or so and are becoming very popular, seem to thrive in the Bay of Plenty climate. There are lots and lots of different varieties.
Later I will post some pics of the less gaudy flowers.
Post a Comment