

These are Abutilon (Chinese lantern) plants like I bought at the market in the weekend.
The market is a great place to buy plants, sometimes there are plants grown in the back yard by hobby growers that you never see in the more upmarket garden centres - and at a fraction of the cost also.
I also bought a pink hydrangea, black and green basil plants, two Roma (pear shaped acid free) tomatoes, a Sweet 100 tomato plant (the little ones - cocktail tomatoes), two lavender plants, and a dwarf bouganvillea (to plant in a hanging basket and attach to the fence).
2 comments:
Ohhhh! I LOVE these photos! You have got the magic touch when it comes to gardening. Care to come over and help me with my gardens??? LOL!
I just love Chinese Lanterns...
Wish I could come shopping at the market, too. I agree, it's the places that "trade" plants that are the most fascinating.
Basil is wonderful to grow, but around here, if you don't cultivate it indoors, the bugs just devour it... I had some black basil a few summers ago, and it looked just gorgeous sprinkled over a green salad... Yum!!!
Post a Comment