We never got to take our holiday in Australia last month as planned. That has now been deferred until early September.
I started having chest pains. Not what I would actually call pain (like childbirth pains!) but a cramping heavy kind of sensation that crept up into my jaw.
So consequently I am now involved in a whole new world with a new set of vocabulary. I am now becoming familiar with words like CT Scan, angina, coronary angiogram, circumflex artery etc. as I wait for the appropriate tests to be completed and then move on to the next procedure.
Of course this is probably pre- ordained. I have an abysmal family history of sudden deaths at a relatively young age due to heart attacks. I have lived to a greater age than my parents did and my two younger siblings. (and I don't consider myself old yet at only mid sixties)
I do have an advantage in that heart research has come a long way in recent years with the diagnosis of heart problems and the use of stents, surgery etc. as well as general awareness and education regarding some of the contributing factors of heart disease eg diet, and smoking. I have never smoked, weight - well that needs some attention, but I have been told that is lower down in the list of 'causes'. Family history is the highest on the list. Those genes have a lot to answer for.
I will keep you posted.
5 comments:
I'm so very sorry to hear that you are having problems, my bloggy friend. I'm sure it's confusing and scary, but, as you said, there are many things to be done to help you live for many more years. Do keep us posted. I will be praying for you.
Thank goodness you listened to your body and sought professional help. I predict you may have a way to go but that you will be fine in the end. Take care of yourself!
Thank you Betty, I appreciate your caring comments.
Veronica - thank you too. Yes the health professionals are all very good and so far I have not had to wait for very long for tests etc.
With our family history as I mentioned in my blog, plus a daughter who had to have emergency heart surgery when she lived in Los Angeles, I have had some exposure to the whole scenario.
I have a huge respect for American doctors, it was thanks to their thorough diagnostic procedures that the tumour inside my daughters left atrium of her heart was found. At age 23 it was not something that was at all commonplace.
Oh, my, Merinz! I am so sorry to have been so long since checking your blog... I should have been in touch with you much sooner.
I hope that the past few weeks has seen you resting as much as possible, surrounded by people who will wait on you hand and foot! You deserve it.
Know that I'm thinking of you, and sending all good thoughts and prayers your way.
Keep us posted.
Loads of love, CGF and Girlies 3 xo
Hi Candy - thank you so much for your comments!I am doing really well.I still need further procedures done so they can get a clearer picture, so am waiting for the appointment for that. Otherwise all is fine!
Post a Comment