Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm Still Around

I am sorry about the long absence. This doesnt mean that I am in hibernation, far from it. There is plenty to write about, but not the spare time to sit down long enough to contemplate a blog post.

These are the things that get in the way:

Family - coming to stay, visiting them, baby sitting, reading to little ones, and hosting my delightful 'Auntie 94' who came to stay for a week.

Home improvements - we have just completed the addition of a much needed en suite bathroom. This has necessitated a lot of outside work landscaping and tidying up. I have been busy in the garden doing a pre winter tidy up. I even bought myself a rose yesterday - 'mutabilis' which I have wanted for a long time.

Quilting and patchwork - always a project happening. At the moment I am making Christmas stockings for the two newest grandchildren (one born last January and one due in July) and a Grand neice (due June).

Kiwifruit - picking starts tomorrow.

Transcribing letters - this is an ongoing project - I manage a small team who are working on some very old letters. They are written in the mid 1800's with the old dip pens, and the script is often very difficult to read. One letter can take days of hard work. We work from the scan of the letter and decipher as best we can to type up a copy. These are then filed and will one day be available to the public. They are a fascinating glimpse into missionary life in early New Zealand.

Travel - we are away again soon to Australia for 10 days to visit family and do some exploring.

etc etc!

















2 comments:

Veronica Wald said...

Oh, I'm with you, I love the "wild-type" bush roses! And an en suite, hurrah!

Nice to hear from you on my blog too. Yes, "America the Beautiful" to be sure!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say I miss you. That is all. xoxo