Sunday, December 12, 2010

Garden Blues

I love hydrangeas. At the moment they are in full flower, and will remain so until late summer.

I love way you can have blues and purples and all shades in between on each bush, and the white ones have tinges of blue or pink.

They are regarded here as a bit old fashioned, an 'old ladies' flower. So be it! I can live with that.





4 comments:

Putz said...

yes i bet you do love hyrangeres and all i have right here in front of me are forzen snow covered peatunias<><><>jealous i am

Candygirlflies said...

SUCH gorgeosity!! My grandfather had a knack for growing enormous bushes of bright blue hydrangeas, and so I have a particular fondness for them...

Thank you for cheering me up with such lovely pictures of your garden... We're in the middle of a nasty snowstorm here, and the lush greenery of our summertime is forgotten, for the moment. Would you believe that the Canadian Armed Forces are having to rescue people from their cars, on a stretch of highway between London and Sarnia, Ontario!! They are using helicopters, and air lifting people to safety...

We're happy to be warm and snug at home tonight, needless to say.

xoxo CGF

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas Merinz.

I am going to take a photo of my hydrangea tomorrow in the daylight. Rather pitiful compared to yours but mine has had a long hard winter so far!

Still got about 4 inches of snow up here, so second 'white' Christmas in a row!

Gail x

merinz said...

Oh Putz I am so sorry you are jealous! But I will think of you when it comes to our long and wet winter and you will be basking in sunshine.
Candy - I am so glad that you are cheered by the hydrangeas. I love them too, in all their subtle shades.
Gail - I would love to see a pic of your hydrangea. How lovely to have a white Christmas. I have only ever had one, in Canada, many years ago now.