Friday, October 1, 2010

Planting spree!

In the last week or two I have planted:

*one nectarine tree,
*three blueberry bushes
*two guava trees,
*one viburnum shrub
*sweet peas
*climbing beans
*one cocktail tomato plant
*one corgette plant
*three rows of radishes,
*parsley
*basil
*strawberry plants
*sage
*Gloriosa lillies
*ten lavender plants
*four fuschias
*20 hedge plants (griselinia)

and shifted:

*two hydrangeas
*one apple tree (to the orchard)
*one hibiscus
*several clumps of dahlia bulbs

and repotted:

*lots and lots of bromeliads - too many to count.

and sprinkled in the wild flower area:

*poppy seeds
*aquilegia seeds,(granny bonnets)
*calendula seeds,
*honesty seeds
all saved from last year or gathered from friend's gardens.

And of course there has been the general garden tidying, digging of vege garden, clearing out compost bins, tending to the worm farm etc etc.

And its just the start of the summer season!

I wonder why I don't have time to blog?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha you HAVE been busy! Do you think you could nip over and find somewhere to plant my two boxes of plants I bought a week ago and havent got around to doing?

Im always a tad jealous of you having spring when we are getting dark and miserable weather! Maybe I should do what you did this year and miss out most of winter by travelling!

BTW the word verification is antst! better get something for them - it may be an omen!

merinz said...

Oh yes I will do some planting for you. No problem (apart from the distance).

I think that you should come to NZ in our summer. February or March is a good time - schools are back, weather is good (generally), and you would miss a chunk of your winter.

Hehe I will watch out for the antst's. And we do have plenty of them too. As well as lots of other pesky things that attack plants and occasionally people.

Nothing too poisonous here though, just a couple of scaredy cat spiders. No snakes either. Unlike Australia.

betty-NZ said...

You have been busy! Your photos in the other post are just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Wow! You've been busy! I forget that just because we're gearing up for winter that not everyone in the world is! I'm so happy to have a New Zealander reading my blog. :) Thank you for your comment!