


Summer is nearing the end now and plants are rapidly going to seed. I love to have self seeded plants popping up in the gardens everywhere. Saves a lot of planning and the self seeded plants seem to grow very healthy and strong.
These are some pics of our swan plant, the main source of food for the Monarch butterfly caterpillars. The trees have lots and lots of 'swans' which are swelling, bursting and throwing seeds around. The bonus is that the seeds are attached to a lovely shiny thistledown which floats dreamily in the wind.
6 comments:
Better than dandelions!
Very pretty but hope they aren't like the pampas grass and get everywhere.
Gail
I will have swan plants popping up everywhere! But they are very easy to pull out, not too invasive.
I love all your gorgeous photos! We still have snow here, but I can smell Spring in the air! Can't wait to start gardening! :)
I got a swan plant for the first time this year. 13 or so butterflies later, it was fantastic fun.
was that gail who signed anonoymous, is she tisme2gail?????????we have spring with four feet of snow still on the ground and i want to plant my garden
Post a Comment