I have to admit - 'oh darn' are not actually the words I used when this damage occurred.
I was backing out the drive and negotiating my way around the assortment of beach toys and paraphernalia on the lawn at our beach house, and failed to remember that we have a sizable pohutukawa tree sitting on the lawn also.
The pohutukawa is a native tree, sometimes called the NZ Christmas tree as it has beautiful red flowers which appear over the summer. My header has a close up of the flowers, which are actually the stamens.
Luckily the damage, apart from $300 excess, is covered by our insurance - I am off to get a quote tomorrow. The tail light looks okay but the glass is broken and it has been pushed askew. The side panel also has a crease in it.
The tree has considerable damage to the bark, but will survive.
3 comments:
I'b be saying a lot of things - even that it concerns a 'dead' item like a car...
Been there, done that. But to a rental car and the car of the cook at the B&B where we were staying. The noise was HUGE, the damage to her car, happily, consisted just of a cracked tail light lens. The rental car looked very much like your car...and I must have been moving at all of 3 miles an hour!
Everybody was pretty nonchalant about it - "hey, it happens" - except me and the poor B&B employee. I got off easy, it was fully insured, no investigation needed. The cook had to take the time to get the repair done but she didn't have to lay out any money.
How embarrassing!
"Ooops!"
I've run over a few skateboards and other assorted toys whilst reversing out the drive but never dunshed the car itself.
Never mind, worse things happen at sea as they say.
Gail
Post a Comment