Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Garden Break

































































Here are some photos taken this morning of the current garden colour.

A poinsettia which grows in a very sheltered spot , my slipper orchid is covered in blooms, and some autumn colour - leaves from the flowering cherry tree, and our little Japanese maple wearing its annual red coat.

And its time for me to take a break also. I have a very busy month and will be away from home for much of the time.

Several members of our extended family are having minor operations that require someone to 'watch over' them afterwards. As none of them have close family nearby, I am the closest to hand. And I enjoy helping out.

And in the midst of it all there is a wedding in Christchurch in the South Island to attend so I am having a short trip to the chilly south. A wonderful chance to see some of my cousins - the warmth of their welcome will offset the chill of the weather for sure.

I will stop by from time to time to check your blogs but won't be posting here until the world returns to normal!

See you in July sometime.

PS And its my birthday today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope your day is a wonderful one! XOXO

P.S. Your photos are spectacular! Japanese maple and lady slippers are amongst my favourites! I was so excited to see you post photos of them! :)

Candygirlflies said...

Happy Birthday, Mrinz!! I hope you have a wonderful celebration-- if you have a minute, stop back and let us know what you did today. I'll be thinking of you.

Beautiful photos-- your slipper orchard is shaped much like the "lady's slipper" flower that grows here. And, so interesting to see the colours of your autumn leaves! I imagine that your winter is much like autumn on Canada's west coast... a few frosts, but mainly damp and chilly. Do you have to make much of an effort to keep things growing in the garden during this time? I imagine you cover things up when frost seems imminent...

We'll miss you terribly while you're gone-- hurry home. A month is a long time!!

Much love to you and yours-- xo CGF

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrinz, hope you have a fabby day and do something just for you.

I will keep popping in but I do miss your blog when you are away. Just remember to bring back lots of photos of different parts of your beautiful country.

Unknown said...

Just me popping by to say hulloooooooooooo! Hope all is well where you are! XO