This summer has been great for growing vegetables. We have had so much rain and although we have been away for several weeks this month, the garden has kept right on growing and producing.
The photo is of some of my tomatoes. I was given some plants and have no idea what type of tomatoes they are, but one of the larger ones in the photo weighed around 480 grams which is just under half a kilo! The smaller tomatoes are the regular size ones.
3 comments:
Love the photo - let us know how they taste!
We have eaten the large one on the left. I cut it up into steaks and gently fried it with some corgettes and an onion.
It had very few seeds, was very fleshy and had a beautiful tomato taste. Unlike some of the glasshouse grown tomatoes which can be watery and bland.
I'm so jealous! My tomato plants didn't make it.
Post a Comment