What surprises me about flash mobs (which I love) is that there are always people around who act like nothing unusual is going on - like the guy in the Puma t-shirt who passes right in front of the camera. I'd love to see a traditional haka in person!
Depending on the occasion a haka can be frightening,stirring, rallying, sad or respectful.
Often when a person of note dies, a haka is performed at their funeral as a mark of respect. I at times have found it hard to fight back the tears when this happens.
The first link below is a haka at a funeral. The next two are before a rugby game.
2 comments:
What surprises me about flash mobs (which I love) is that there are always people around who act like nothing unusual is going on - like the guy in the Puma t-shirt who passes right in front of the camera.
I'd love to see a traditional haka in person!
Depending on the occasion a haka can be frightening,stirring, rallying, sad or respectful.
Often when a person of note dies, a haka is performed at their funeral as a mark of respect. I at times have found it hard to fight back the tears when this happens.
The first link below is a haka at a funeral. The next two are before a rugby game.
There are many different hakas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnbALlV_4iQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPVoln22Cw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrkvpi9IuSk&NR=1
Post a Comment