Monday, May 3, 2010

Owl bath! This is delightful - love the music too!



I am also enjoying this story of Molly and McGee and their family of four owlets.

http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline.com/Live_Owl_Nest_Box_Cam.html

13 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Merinz. What a fun blog; I'm glad to have found you. That quilt (in the post below) is delightful.

Thanks for your comment on my May Day flower post. I don't know the name of the white flower that I pictured. We are staying now in a State (Florida) that is fairly new to us and so I'm still learning. I'll let you know when I find out.

Veronica Wald said...

Great "underarm" coverage from those sprayers :-)
Really cute, thanks Merinz.

merinz said...

Hehe, the word 'underarm' has great significance to the NZ'ers - especially the sporting public.

There was a famous incident in cricketing history. It happened in the last few moments of a game between NZ and Australia where there is always great rivalry between the two.

NZ needed only one run to win and the Aussie bowler bowled an underarm bowl so that the batter would be unable to hit the ball properly.

Australia won the game but they have never lived down their unsporting action - it simply wasn't 'cricket' as the saying goes.

merinz said...

Extract from Wikipedia:

The Underarm bowling incident of 1981 occurred on 1 February 1981, when Australia were playing New Zealand in a One Day International cricket match, the third of five such matches in the final of the Benson & Hedges World Series Cup, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

In order to prevent New Zealand from scoring the six they needed to tie, the Australian captain instructed his bowler to deliver the last ball underarm, along the ground. This action was technically legal, but seen as being unsporting.

Unknown said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing, Merinz!! xx

P.S. My word verification for this comment is "Perth"! Hmmm...I've always wanted to visit Perth. Not Perth, Ontario though.

Unknown said...

Hi Merinz!
I have an award for you on my blog. XOXO

Unknown said...

Hiya
Yes I know I said I wanst going to start blogging again until after I finished my studies but I had a few spare minutes and before I knew it there it was - Irritatingly Optimistic!

So hop over there and say hello!

Are you packed yet?

merinz said...

Chrissy - thank you very much! Blogging is still taking a back seat though as I get distracted by other things.

Gail - I am going there now! Bags are not quite packed but I am slowly making decisions about what to bring. Trouble is the English weather....... will it be a hot one or not, do I take this jacket or a warmer one, etc Three and a half weeks to go.

Unknown said...

Ahh the weather? The good thing about going to Florida is that we KNOW it's going to be hot pretty hot by our standards.
If I were coming to The UK? I'd be packing one of everything - including wellies and hat and gloves for when you come 'up north'!

Jinksy said...

That's the way to take a free shower!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog,... nice post keep blogging...

Putz said...

why don't they call them owlins instead of owlets??????????

Jinksy said...

A propos your comment on my blog today...You were so close to my home! Warblington is but a gnats whisker away. Wish I'd known - would love to have said Hi! for real. Some of my NZ rellies are due to visit at the end of this month, but I have a feeling they won't be so lucky with the weather.
You could email me direct as per the address on my profile page, then I'd not need to use your comment column to 'talk' to you!

Hope the shock of returning home to your winter weather was not too great. :)