Sunday, May 2, 2010

Its Finished!!! My Quilt is Completed.





































I have finally finished the quilt I have been working on for the last month or two.

My Grandaughter, her two brothers and her cousins each drew a picture on a swatch of material with fabric pens. The ages of the artists ranges from age two to eight. For the two year olds we drew around their hand and they coloured it in. They also did a swatch each. The older children were more creative and two did a self portrait as well as other drawings.

I then made up the patchwork top and sent it off to the quilting lady who has a long arm machine to do the quilting or 'oversewing'. I am not very skillful at doing this final task on my home machine.

The second picture is a close up of the panel I made for the back of the quilt with the date etc and also two little pockets that I can slip notes (or a lolly) into when I go to visit.

10 comments:

Veronica Wald said...

It's spectacular!

Allmycke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allmycke said...

What a lovely gift - and what a treasure it'll become for the happy recipient!
(I hit "publish" too fast the first time...)

Gail said...

It's beautiful Dorna!

Something to be treasured forever.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh! Lovely, lovely, Merinz!!!

squirrelmama said...

Congrats on an amazing labor of love....Your talent is matched by your patience and your steady hand. Beautiful!

Jinksy said...

Fantastic creation here, blogpal!

Rinkly Report said...

The quilt exhibiting your grandchildrens' work is magnificent and will be a family heirloom for sure.

Anonymous said...

Well done you!! I love it. See what you have been missing all these years. lol

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, your quilt is just beautiful ... what a wonderful idea, getting the kids to decorate the blocks.
Thank you for visiting my blog, too ... I always love new visitors.
Take care, Connie